When it comes to improving your appearance, the recommendation is to enhance your eyelashes. There are always artificial means but most women desire a more natural look and want to grow their own eyelashes. Most people do not give their lashes the special care they deserve. The resounding question is how to grow longer eyelashes without harmful side effects.
Tips on Growing Thicker Lashes Naturally:
- Eat a Healthy and Balanced Diet. This is the basis of healthy skin, nails and hair for the vitamins and amino acids the body needs. Consume fruits, vegetables, lean protein and whole grains. Avoid fatty foods and highly processed foods.
- Handle eyelashes with care. Remove makeup gently, especially in this delicate area. Use only removers specified for eye makeup removal. Apply makeup with care. Pulling on lashes can result in breakage and loss.
- Brush lashes. Do this before applying make-up and to remove dust and dirt. Use a small lash comb daily.
- Gently massage lashes. This will stimulate follicles and encourage blood supply.
- Remove all makeup at night. It is advisable to remove makeup when you have returned home for the night. This gives lashes a breather so they are better able to grow.
- Leave lashes alone. Do not rub eyes or pull on them as it causes fallout and stunts lash growth. This also contributes to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Avoid wearing false eyelashes. They are a quick fix but you may lose some of your own when removing them. Lash adhesive can cause further damage.
- Use natural oils, such as olive, coconut, avocado, grapeseed, castor and almond. Soak a cotton ball in oil and wipe over lashes before bed to nourish and moisturize them.
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements. Vitamins B, C, E and H, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Apply aloe vera. Apply fresh gel with a clean mascara wand as you would use for mascara to strengthen and improve growth.
- Don’t just drink green tea. Cool and swipe lashes with a cotton ball to maintain existing lashes and to stimulate and encourage new growth.
- Try top eyelash growth serums. Make sure they are 100% natural.